Monday, March 30, 2009
Pretzels vs. Rolls
I love fresh baked bread! I am sure I have said this before, maybe even numerous times. When I saw this post on centrepullball I knew I would have to give these homemade pretzels a try. We have some leftover Brocolli Chowder that we plan to eat for supper and what goes better with soup than bread?! I gave them a try (the original recipe here) and was actually surprised at how easy it was. I topped them with some course salt and we were in love. They are thicker like a bagel and thus our immediate thought was camping lunch with cheese slices and fruit. In another couple months we will give it a try as camping season is finally around the corner...
Seth, however, was unconvinced that these were pretzels. His idea of a pretzel is small and crispy and comes from a bag of course. And these were very large and soft, I'll admit. So he was convinced that they were rolls. We got some good laughs, especially when he took it upon himself to spread his bites with peanut butter and then just lick off the peanut butter. Such a nutritionist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you made these!! Woo! Sorry they didn't turn out to be more 'pretzel'-y!! I had that happen, too! But aren't they good!?! Yours look wonderful! Hooray!
Post a Comment