You have heard of French or Spanish Immersion schools. Well, we have just opened the doors to Potty Training Immersion School! All are NOT welcome. Seth is our only current student and I expect to keep it that way for a long time. As a mother and teacher I can only handle so much!
I explained to him yesterday that we are throwing out the diapers unless we are sleeping (bed messes are not worth it and dry nights take awhile so why push?!). He was adamant that didn't sound like a good idea but I pushed and he is now going with the flow. Well for the most part. It is sometimes flowing down his leg and not into the potty.
We hope that Potty Training Immersion School will force Seth over the edge of earning stickers to finding self fulfillment in using the potty. Will this be a success?! I am sure you will hear more but first semester evaluations will be due in two weeks according to dad. Then I will let you know if you yourself should open a Potty Training Immersion School.
Our basic curriculum consists of wearing underwear and sitting on the potty every hour to hour and a half to "try" to use it properly. When he feels the need he is to tell mom and we will run to the potty. We are also learning how to pull down and up our pants and underwear without the assistance of others. Key to this process is also positive reinforcement through stickers and continued earning toys until the semester ends. At that time we hope to put a large toy up for grabs and end the whole potty training school with a graduation party!
As this is a school open to new ideas and the thoughts of others, your input would be greatly appreciated. Until then enjoy some laughs as you watch the video...
No comments:
Post a Comment