I love cottage cheese on salads or mixed in baked pasta dishes. I however do not like cottage cheese thighs! As my 30th birthday approaches I am trying to prevent my body from looking like 30 and keeping it looking more like 29 or less. Thus, a few weeks ago I started the Thigh Recovery Program. At this time the program also comprises my waist line and rear end. Whenever I am laying on the floor playing with the kids I do leg lifts, sit ups, push ups, butt squeezes, you name it. It is my little way of staying in shape during the cold weather months.
Of course I have also been using eye cream for the past year to keep those crow's feet from appearing and other silly little things that are supposed to help us women stay younger. I tried the teeth whitening thing but the chemicals on them make me want to gag so bad I gave up. Sounds so vain and yet it's really more than anything about denial.
I have no intent to hurt anyone's feelings with this post. This is just me venting my feelings here. I always have thought of 30 as OLD. I realize my mother didn't even have me until she was 30 bless her heart. Maybe it really is not so much about age but more about reaching goals and milestones for me. In my mind I was to have my three kids, a Golden Retriever, and my four bedroom, two bathroom home and not any cares in the world by 30. Well, for obvious reasons, that dream will not be realized.
However, in exchange for that dream I have a loving husband who works for our Father and not for money. (Much more fulfilling!) I have a beautiful little boy who is the light of my life (unless he wakes me at five am, then I have to remind myself how much I love him). I also have a great home that keeps us warm on cold days, dry on wet ones and provides more than enough room for our little family to grow if God allows. The dog I can actually do without as I would not want to picking up frozen dog poop in my barely-existent back yard ever! As about cares of the world?! Well, somewhere after graduating from college and entering the "real world" I realized that there is no such thing. Life is tough!
I am so blessed to know a God who loves me and can overlook all of my faults, even milkmaid thighs! He knows my dreams and the desires of my heart and He also knows that HE can see a bigger picture I can never begin to understand. I have been challenged a lot in the past year to trust Him and only Him. To stop leaning on myself and what I know, but to fully rely on what He knows and to believe in my heart, not just my head, that He knows what is best for me and my family. It takes work every day to remind myself to let him be in charge, but the more I let Him take over, the more I realize just how much He loves me!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this Mandy--how encouraging to know that I am not the only one feeling this way! I have also always thought of 30 as WAY OLD and as I get nearer to the 3-0, I have some of the same feelings you are having. My life is definitely not as I had originally planned...but, despite the disappointments of those plans unrealized, there are so many other joys God has given our family that are far better than I ever anticipated! I especially appreciate your last paragraph and can relate to continually asking God to remind me daily that He is indeed in control and loves me more than I could ever fathom.
Post a Comment