Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taco Soup that Soothes the Soul

We have friends in need and are bringing over some soup that soothes the soul. Certainly Chicken Noodle has the reputation for calming the soul, but I feel this Taco Soup is right up there. Give it a try and let me know what you think...

Taco Soup with Black Beans
Makes 6-8 Servings

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
15 oz. can corn, undrained
15 oz. can black beans, undrained
15 oz. can red kidney beans, undrained
1 envelope dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 envelope dry taco seasoning
For serving: tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker on low for 4- 6 hours. Garnish to serve!

1 comment:

Jen D said...

Yay! I was just about to do a search for some new soup recipes to serve to a friend that is coming over for lunch on Friday. I think we have a winner! Thanks!