Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Pumkpin You Can Really Sink Your Teeth Into

After thoroughly enjoying the Pumpkin Chip Muffins I made last week (click here for recipe) I looked through my recipe book for something similar that might use up the small amount of pumpkin I had left. It turns out I had a great looking recipe but it called for more pumpkin. Then at the grocery store canned pumpkin was on sale for 99 cents so I forged ahead and bought another can. I am so glad I did. This recipe is excellent and the cream cheese frosting was amazing!

Pumpkin Gems

1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
20 oz. can pumpkin

Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz package cream cheese
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Milk (I used two which made it easier to spread)
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix all cake ingredients about two minutes on medium speed until well blended and slightly fluffy. Bake in muffin tins at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Let cool. Mix all frosting ingredients with hand mixer for about two minutes or so (if really thick add small amount of milk) and frost. Keep refrigerated. Yields 2 dozen regular size cupcakes. You can also make them in mini muffin pans and they look much more like gems!

No comments: