Tuesday, April 20, 2010
A House of Fours
For a short time I will be the mother of a four year old and and a four month old. Never had I thought it would be quite like this but here we are...
We spend a lot of time reading books in our home. As a four month old Little E is most interested in the pictures but Seth is starting to recognize and learn his letters and their sounds. Soon I will actually have to read all the words in some of those LONG books about dinosaurs because Seth will catch on that I am skipping them...yikes.
Four year olds can be great helpers with their younger siblings. Seth is very careful around Eli and also very protective. (House Rules - Protect Your Brother, He's The Only One You Got. - Great book by Jodi Picoult by the way.) However four month olds spend a lot of time filling their pants and it makes me thank God that four year olds can make it to the bathroom on time and even by themselves!
Four months is a time to act cute! Little E has no trouble there. Seth and I took Little E for his four month check up and learned that Eli is now 13 lbs 8 oz and 24 in long. Compared to Seth that is "small" because Seth is is the "BIG" brother.
Four months means social smiles and giggles, cooing and gurgling. We love to see what Little E will reach out and grasp and try not to laugh when he repeatedly bonks himself in the head trying to get something into his little mouth.
The weather continues to warm and therefore we are outside whenever we can (or mom can stand it with her allergies). My four month old sits in the stroller or the bouncer and watches the leaves in the trees or sucks his thumb. My four year old is running, climbing trees, and doing all things dangerous. I sit and praise God for little moments of relaxation!
Labels:
Eli,
motherhood,
Seth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw! What an adorable little blog you have:) and such cute boys. I love the one where your youngest is 'reading' a book while on his tummy!!
Hope to come back again soon.
BTW, I just blog hopped here from another blog. Keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment