My life has become consumed with little Eli. I love to hold and kiss the little guy, but lets face it, the majority of the time that little guy is not focused on his mama. He is focused on mama's "girls". The "girls" are the main event. Eating and pooping, thus the name, Eli the Eliminator! You laugh, but it's so not funny...
Nursing is a wonderful, close mom and baby thing, but it requires a ton of time and energy to be sure. It also requires keeping the "girls" happy. I hate bras! After nursing Seth for 15 months my "girls" took a leave of absence from my body. Seriously, I was wearing nothing more than a training bra or a cami with a built in. (Do you know how hard it is to find a size A bra - it's beyond embarrassing! I had nothing left to hold up! Of course going from down two sizes from my pre-pregnancy weight while nursing made for part of that change. Nursing does have some advantages!)
Nursing season is upon me once again (the "girls" have returned in full force!) and with the intent to nurse Eli as long as I did Seth, I need the right apparel. My previous nursing bras, (I had one for days and one to sleep in) left me in dire need. I found an article in a pregnancy magazine that I had ripped out for such a time as this and got to researching online. I chose the Bravado! Designs Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra. It came in the mail and I fell in love! It is so comfortable and most certainly keeps the "girls" where they belong and happy too. I love the pads that allow me to wear the bra with anything and yet you do not see my Lansinoh disposable pads. (A little spendy and not so eco-friendly, but the only thing for me that does not leak!)
Since getting into the routine I ran into one little problem. Being so used to wearing a cami I miss having that little something tucked in, and of course covering my no longer toned mid section. The nursing cami's I found work fine but are not very comfortable and are too short to stay tucked in properly. However, I think I have found the solution. Over on O My Family, AllisonO found the Undercover Mama. It's a cami that snaps right into your favorite nursing bra! I am in the process of ordering mine. If you check out the O My Family post you can get free shipping. I will let you know how it works out but I am truly hopeful.
2 comments:
Ditto on the Bravado bras and Lansinoh pads, they are the best. Heidi loaned me her bras, as funny as that sounds, and they are the same or very similar as yours and they are SOOOO comfortable I wish I had them last time! Those tanks look interesting and perhaps brilliant!!!
Yes, they are the best nursing bras! Just sorry it took me four kids to find them! =)I was happy with some nursing tanks that I found at Target. They were great for night time. Breastfeeding is a huge committment and sacrifice. I am glad I did it, but I don't envy you right now at all. =) Hang in there!
Post a Comment