Friday, January 15, 2010

"Is that a baby, in a bowling alley?"

Think Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama speaking with her friend, "You have a baby, in a bar." Her friend responds to the effect that the baby is still in the tit. I always laugh at that scene.

This evening I found myself living it. We went as a family to Memory Lanes in Minneapolis to meet up with a bunch of people my husband works with. For those of you in the know, you are already laughing. For those of you who remain clueless, let me help you: Memory Lanes is a bowling alley with a bar!

The three of us bowled our own lane next to the gang while Eli slept in his car seat. I didn't throw back any beers, but I had to laugh at how odd is must look to the rest of the people there. Second babies certainly get out more. They have no choice.

For the record though, Seth got his first strike at age 3 1/2 and more than a couple spares. He started with an 11 pound ball too. Thank goodness someone found him a 6 pound one. I was so scared he was going to drop the thing on his foot!

Ahh, adventures of J mom...too bad I don't have the camera to prove it!

No comments: