I just looked at my blog and as you can't miss the ticker counting down to the days of our second child's birth, I saw it right away and thought, "You have to be kidding me!"
This pregnancy has been nothing like the first. I start to complain about side effects, weekly shots and all the nonsense and everybody just says, "It must be a girl." Are they really that high maintenence right from the embryonic stage? We do not know for a fact what the gender is but I guess we will soon enough.
In so many ways I just want this pregnancy to be over with so I can have my body back, pain free. Well more so than now anyway. But then I start to think about how much change a baby will bring to this home that is currently in total upheaval and I wonder what on earth I have gotten myself in to.
I still have to much preparing to do. Pull out old totes of clothes from storage to see what shape our layette is in, sew a bumper pad and sheet for the Moses basket I borrowed, find a loaner/cheap car seat and lightweight fold-able stroller to snap it in for preschool drop off days, get meals in the freezer, decide where this child will sleep in our home and the list goes on and on it seems.
Fifteen weeks seems like forever to some but not to me, especially having been told that our baby will much more likely be here around 12 weeks from now. (That would be when the shots end and the hormones wear off creating the labor inducing stage...) Life never goes according to plan but plan on I must. It is who I am and how I live. I guess today's house cleaning will just have to hold me over until I can work up the energy to get started on the rest of the list...
Looking forward to doing this...
2 comments:
I can't believe you're almost in your third trimester already!! And wow...hard to believe it's only been three years since Seth was so tiny. So excited to meet this little pumpkin!
Do you know that the Shoreview farmers market is on Tuesday's 3-7?
Post a Comment