Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Morning In the Kitchen


This weekend has had many plans that have come and gone but we have moved on to what will hopefully turn out to be a fun family weekend. After dropping off the boys to help with this project I returned home to bake up a storm to help feed the workers some lunch and dessert.

I started with Pumpkin Gems just because I have been craving them (they have cream cheese frosting, seriously friends) and then decided that since pumpkin is a unique flavor not enjoyed by all I better make some cookies too. After digging down deep in the cookie recipe file I found this simple recipe for Chocolate-Raisin Oatmeal Cookies. It was super easy and totally filled the bill. I would like to rename them something more like Gooey, Melt In Your Mouth Cookies. It sounds so much more appropriate.

What are you cooking these days? I'd love to hear and always enjoy a new recipe!

No comments: