Friday, August 28, 2009

What On Earth Happened?

I finally took a few minutes to peruse my blog this morning - yuck! How have I let things get so bad. I hate to admit it (because maybe you somehow didn't notice) but I had photos with snow in them! Ouch - neglect, serious neglect!

I have had a million blog posts come and go in my head but just never get to the computer to actually get them posted. (Summer is a slow time for many of us but snow photos?!) Those few moments I get on the computer are few and far between thanks to my new life:

1. Full time day care for two girls ages four and six. They never stop moving or wanting to go do something. I thought older kids would take less energy - I was wrong!

2. School is about to start and we have had to get prepared for that. No, not buy crayons or anything just teach our little man how to use the potty himself. You know, pull down and up pants - not as easy as it sounds.

3. Jason has been working furiously to finish school and therefore not present around the house lately. He took his final this week so the end is in sight - praise the Lord!

4. I'm 22, almost 23 weeks pregnant. Seriously, this is a BIG factor. (You should see me!) I am exhausted! I was exhausted with my first pregnancy and then I was only working part time and had no child to care for 24 hours a day. Wow, what a difference a second round makes! Between the daily workouts, nightly kickboxing (the baby's), weekly hormone shots, monthly appointments and life in general it's a wonder I can still stand up most days!

5. Last but not least: priorities. My blog has apparently ended up at the bottom of the totem pole. Sad but true.

So what happens now? I wish I could say I would be back full swing as of right this minute but it may take some time yet. My hope is that once school starts I will find at least one day a week where I can have ten to twenty minutes to blog. Oh, we will see...

No comments: