Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Eggs with A Message


Time to hard boil some eggs and get decorating for Easter! We picked up a cheap dye kit at Target but Seth is so excited to get into it. I am hoping that we can keep the mess to a minimum but have some fun too. Photos will be in your near future...

On Sunday we plan to hide dozens of plastic eggs outside this year, weather permitting of course. Inside the eggs I like to put little treasures. Candy of course is great. Small plastic animals were fun last year, like those kind you buy in a tube. I am thinking about doing my own Resurrection Eggs this year. With the help of the web site you can gather your own items around the house. No time? Quick pick up a set at your local Christian bookstore or order online. I think Seth is old enough to understand the basic concepts and then in the future we can continue to help him understand them more.

Easter is a special time of year in our lives and now it is time to help our son understand it's special meaning too...

2 comments:

Allison said...

We already did our Easter egg hunt because I don't want to "waste" Sunday on it - I want Easter itself to be all about Christ and what He did. We call it a Spring Egg Hunt and then it's separate from the holiday.

Also, great idea about the Resurrection Eggs. Elizabeth has been practicing telling the Easter story with them and on Easter Sunday, she has the job of telling the story to my parents.

J mom said...

I like your idea of a spring hunt - maybe we will have to make some changes to our plans!