I came across this recipe a few week ago and have been waiting for a chance to make it. It has been years since I have but I did remember they are super yummy. Be sure to read my notes at the bottom before you get started! You may have heard of the recipe before:
Neiman's $250 Cookie Recipe
This recipe is being sold at Neiman Marcus in Dallas for $250.00. A friend was told $2.50 and when she got her bill it was $250.00 and no return available, so she is sharing it with the world...
2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
5 c. blended oatmeal (use blender or food-processor) - (very fine)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) Hershey bar grated (freeze the bar before grating)
3 c. chopped nuts (optional)
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
5 c. blended oatmeal (use blender or food-processor) - (very fine)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) Hershey bar grated (freeze the bar before grating)
3 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Oven at 375 degrees. Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chips and grated chocolate. Add nuts last and roll into balls (small) place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes at 375 degrees.
The dry ingredients are very hard to mix together but worth the trouble when you taste the cookie.
Notes: Now I only made half a batch and that was about five dozen in total when done so unless you have a huge mixer and a huge crowd to bake for I would recommend the half batch route. I did not do anything to my oats and that I call a preference more than anything, I didn't have time to dilly dally with a toddler. I am also not a nut person so I skipped those too. I have a 1 tbsp. scoop I used and we had great size cookies so I wouldn't waste the time rolling. These chefs at Neiman Marcus are paid by the hour most certainly - I am not! That said we are thoroughly enjoying every bite!
1 comment:
Yum! Are some of these coming to school on Wednesday???
Post a Comment