
I am a mother and since the birth of our son I have known that this day would come. But how can it be here already?!? Is it really possible that I have to decided what preschool to send my son to NOW? He won't even start preschool until next September and yet my money is due before the end of January! It boggles the mind! If you have made this choice for your little tikes already you know it is not an easy one.
We narrowed it down to two choices and have finally made our decision. We are registering Seth for Three's and Four's in his current ECFE program. He will attend two days a week, one hour during each week with mom. We formed our conclusion based on Seth's need for some diversity in his learning and life in general, but also our goal to send him to a public kindergarten in the years to come. Our ECFE program is a great program and has been highly acclaimed by other parents and teachers alike. I know we will be leaving him in good hands. How it will fit into the rest of our life? I guess we will find out in September.
Are you facing a similar challenge? Maybe you have not been satisfied with the preschool you choose and are looking for better options. For those of us in the metro area we have a wide variety of choices, but I strongly encourage everyone with toddlers and preschoolers to take a look at this article: Shopping for A Preschool? from Wondertime magazine. It gives a great outline of the most common preschool styles and can be a huge help in your search or just for pure parent education.
Our ECFE falls under the play-based category and I am fine with that. They are very intentional about learning and I feel that they will have him on track for his kindergarten years, which is the ultimate goal in our minds. Good luck on your decision! I'd love to hear how you made your choice or what you have in mind for your little one's future. Please leave a comment or suggestion!
2 comments:
AH man. I am sad that Ayden will not be joining him.
Choosing a preschool is on my to-do list for the next couple months too. I've been putting it off because I feel like there are so many choices--it can get overwhelming! Thanks for reminding me that I need to get on the ball with this if I want Allie to start in September.
Post a Comment