Early in marriage I think we ate the same three or four recipes every week! I have branched out quite a bit since then and am more careful to include variety. However there are a few dishes that have become old faithfuls, if you will. Here is one that Seth loves and is easy to throw together on a busy day. Hope you enjoy it!
Chicken Casserole
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
2 cups uncooked Macaroni noodles
Topping:
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tube Ritz crackers
Mix together ingredients well. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle Ritz cracker crumbs on top and then drizzle over melted butter. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove cover last 15-20 minutes for brownness.
I like to serve it with bread, peas and peaches. All the flavors lend well to each other!
Need some more Foody Friday recipes? Check out our host at A Latte Talk.
1 comment:
Comfort Food at it's simplest!
Thanks Mandy.
Post a Comment