
It's Halloween so it seems more than appropriate to share a recipe loaded with candy!
I love to have company (and love to be company), especially when there is food involved. I made these bars last fall when we had a large amount of company at our home for a fall friend reunion. They were to die for! If you love chocolate...consider this comfort food!
M&M's Goblin Bars
(look great on a fall table but are good to eat all year round)
1 bag M&M Dark Chocolate Candies (Autumn or Halloween Mix for the season at hand)
1 bag Dove Promises Milk or Dark Chocolate (go for Dark!*)
1 bag Snickers Fun Size bars
1 package brownie mix
1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for an 8x8 in pan.
2. Bake and let cool slightly.
3. Place the Dove Promises in a mixing bowl and place the mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water.
4. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn of the heat.
5. Pour half of the melted Dove Promises over the top of the brownies and set aside the remaining half.
6. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup chopped Snickers bars and 1 cup M&M Dark Chocolate candies.
7. Drizzle the remaining Dove Promises on top.
8. Let cool completely prior to serving.
*Go for Dark! My unofficial trainer**, Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser, said Tuesday night in his "Trainer Tips" that if you are going to eat chocolate, make it dark because it is high in antioxidants. That pretty much makes these healthy bars : )
**No I am not trying to lose weight I am just in love with the show Biggest Loser. I sit their watching people working their butts off and eat ice cream loaded with candy! It's my way of taking one for the team I guess you could say. Watch the show it's great!
Want some more M&M recipes? Check out their web site here.
For more Foody Friday Party Fare check out our host at A Latte Talk,
3 comments:
I'm a huge Biggest Loser fan too. I like that it's actually an inspiring, mostly positive show. I love seeing the huge changes people make. And I confess that when I'm running, I sometimes think about those hard-working contestants and suck it up to work a little harder! (Unfortunately, I too eat ice cream and candy while watching the show.)
I am thinking of making the "Goblin Bars" for Christmas, using the mint-flavored m&m's that are only available at Christmas time (I think). Then it will be a double-chocolate minty treat! What could be better?? :)
PS: Thanks for the recipe, Mandy!!
Post a Comment