Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Teaching Toddlers to Love Learning!

Photo compliments of Fisher Price

During this school year I have created a basic curriculum that I can use with Seth and Tate (boy I care for) so that we are spending focused time on a new subject every few weeks. This past week and currently we are learning about farm animals/farming. I have Seth's farm out and of course the tractors too. We also checked out a bunch of library books that go along with our topic.

As I hope to do this for the whole year I thought I might include you in on it. On the left side of the blog I have created a new book list that goes with our current theme. All you need to do is check them out at your local library! Your kids and you can both enjoy learning about a new topic together. I hope you will join us! I will be updating the lists and topics as they change too.

As stay at home moms and dads we are the starting point for all learning. Why not make it fun now so that when your child heads of to school they already have an excitement for learning and a head start?!

Maybe you even know some ways that we can do better. I would love your comments, book, video, activity and game ideas too!

1 comment:

Katerina said...

I was just thinking of doing this too.

It might be hard with me working but I am thinking of doing it after nap/before dinner