Here are some bottles that carry BPA:

Avent
Dr. Brown’s
Evenflo (clear)
First Years
Playtex Vent Aire
Sassy
TupperCare
There was a long list at Guest Services so there are certainly others I have not listed here. I recommend that you call your local Babies R Us and make sure what you can bring in before making the trip.
Not sure why BPA is such a concern. Please take a few moments to read Smart Plastics Guide Healthier Food Uses of Plastics For Parents and Children. You will see near the end of Page 3 there is specific information about bottles and sippy cups that should be avoided.
Note: I looked on the Babies R Us website but could not find any specific details or links to share with you. If anyone has a link to share please add it in the comments section. Thanks!
8 comments:
Oh Good you found some info on it. After I told you about it I tried to find some info for you but couldn't.
Glad you were able to exchange some!
So, what brand of bottles did you exchange for? And, do they do bottle for bottle or give you a monetary amount? Sorry for all the questions. I just have a bunch of Avent and Dr. Brown's that I just might take back for the exchange. They've gone through 2 kids, but still, sounds like a good deal to me!
Sorry, it's me again :)
I was just reading the Smart Plastics Guide and noticed ALL my sippy cups are on the avoid list. Do you know if they are exchanging sippy cups?
Here is a short explanation that might help...
http://blogs.parentcenter.babycenter.com/momformation/2008/04/30/bpa-concerns-you/
From what I understand, including other things I have read, basically BPA is a hormone disruptor.
I tried to exchange some sippy cups but they wouldn't take them.
I called today to get specifics and the Maple Grove store told me I had to have the original packaging and receipt. The Roseville store just said I need proof that I purchased the bottles at Babies r Us. Bummer--I don't have any of that!
We returned at the Roseville location and we didn't have proof.
I think it may depend on who you get at the store.
We did not have proof of purchase nor were we asked. We exchanged for the Playtex Drop In system as I pumped with Seth and that seemed to work well. However if I were to half to mix formula I would be out of luck. No luck on the sippy cups but that would be great. I have a couple that are not labeled and therefore I do not know how safe they are. Thanks ladies for all the comments to help each other out!
Post a Comment