Seth loves to watch out the window. The school buses, the cars, the trucks, the mail truck, the occasional UPS vehicle, "moto bikes"...if it's on wheels driving by, it is cool to watch. I caught both Seth and Tate sharing a view out the porch window watching the garbage truck in action. What a cute little pair they make. Best buddies at the ages two and one, only 10 months apart.
I get nostalgic when change is on the horizon. Tate has been coming to our home every week since September for child care two or three days a week. His little sister is due June 1st which means our days with Tate our numbered. His mom will want him at home and settling into a life of a family of four for a few months at least. I already miss the cute little boy who has dark hair that wants to curl around his ears and he is still in my kitchen having a snack.
Seth doesn't know it's coming, is too young to understand, but I think he notices that I hug Tate a little tighter. He too will miss his friend. The one he asks about first thing when he wakes up in the morning, always excited to hear that it is a "Tate Day."
Change is what this life is all about. What comes next? Only the Good Lord knows. My job is to trust HIM for every minute of it. No easy thing to do, but I am trying and I know that He will honor my efforts.
1 comment:
It's funny how we look forward to the next stage (of life, or of our kids growing up, etc.) but at the same time are hesitant to let go of what we currently have. When I try to imagine doing it without God, it gets pretty scary. I'm thankful that He's faithful even when we are not.
Post a Comment