Monday, March 31, 2008

I Can't See You, You Can't See Me

Seth has always loved hide-and-seek, but how we play it has changed quite a bit. Those days back when we would put the blanket over his eyes were quite cute as he always smiled or cooed when we lifted the blanket again. Then he transformed to covering his eyes with his hands, again, cute. Now it is all out hide and go seek. He uses pillows on the couch, a blanket on the bed, crawls into small areas under chairs and today even hid in my closet - good one as it was totally unexpected. As he gets more creative it should get harder to find him, but that is the cute part of our current stage. He still wants to be found!

In his little man mind he figures if he can't see us, we can't see him. So when we ask something like, "Is he in the kitchen?" He literally answers out loud, "NO!" and this can continue for as long as you like. He hid in our kitchen built-ins today while I washed the lunch dishes. I just kept singing our "Where oh Where" song and asking silly questions about where he was until I was done. Believe it or not, I got 15 minutes of time to clean the kitchen!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I believe it. I can still get the whole house tidied (it's really little) while playing hide and seek, and Ellie's almost 4!